Leibster Award Nomination
I was nominated for a Leibster Award by Isabella ( BellasBeautyBox2 )
I have heard a lot about it but never really understood what it was. A quick Google search basically says that it was started by a German Blogger in 2010 to celebrate fellow bloggers. There is no actuall award you don’t actually get a prize. There is no committee for who gets to pick who but there is a rule that you have to be nominated to nominate someone else. And finally the meaning of Leibster (German) is dearest. So I want to thank my fellow dear blogger Isabella for nominating me. It means a lot to me to know that someone likes my blog.
The rules are…..
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
– You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you. I have heard that some people have nominated anywhere from 5-11. It depends on what you would like to do. (I’m going to pick 5)
– After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers (or 200-ish) and give them 11 questions of your choice. (I don’t know how many followers they have but I think their blogs are cool so I nominated them anyway)
– You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
– You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it
1) Do you have a favorite blog post?
2) Do you remember your first post? Is it still up ? If not why ?
3) Do you have a favorite designer/designers ?
4)If you could be anyone else who would you be?
5) Do you remember your first big beauty/fashion splurge?
6) If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
7)Who would you love to collab with on your blog?
8) If you had your own fashion/beauty line what would you call it?
9) What does Beauty mean to you?
10) What does Style mean to you?
11) Are you a full time blogger?
My answers to Isabella’s questions:
1)What are your five holy grail makeup products?
I honestly can’t pick just five but these are some items that have been in my kit constantly for the past few months
- Rimmel London Match Perfection concealer . A little goes a long way with this product , and I like the brush applicator.
- I have a ton of lip products, but one of my current favorites that I discovered at Fred Segal in LA (They are kind of hard to find in stores but worth looking for) are the W3LL People lip balms
- Evian facial mist is a great makeup setter and refresher.
- W3ll people UNIVERSALIST LUMINOUS MULTI-USE COLORSTICK
- I wouldn’t mind owning the whole Max Factor collection either.
2)If you had the courage to dye your hair any color, what color would it be?
- I would go for Red/Orange hair like Lucille Balls. Or Pink A la Lauren Conrad.
3)Do you wear makeup every single day?
- No I like letting my skin breathe. And I think it’s a great way to practice self confidence.
4)What is your biggest makeup related fear?
- I have no fear. I think the fun part about makeup is experimenting .
5)Which would you choose: a bold lip or a smoky eye?
- Depends on the day. But I tend to go for a bold lip ( I love Fuchsia lipstick) more often.
6)What is your all time favorite beauty product?
- I don’t have one sorry. But I do LOVE Max Factor makeup.
7)What is your worst beauty habit?
- Not getting my hair cut as often as I should.
8)What is the one makeup trick that you wish you could master?
- How to apply false eyelashes. I get to scared off putting anything to close to my eyes. Eyeliner took me years.
9) What is your go to “lazy day” makeup routine?
- BB cream, Cream blush, bright red or pink lipstick .
10)Do you have a consistent skincare routine? (Explain your skincare routine) I don’t know if I would call it a routine but I have my system:)
- Even if I do nothing else I try to always cleanse. Even when your not wearing makeup it’s important to remove all the dirt that builds up on your skin through out the day.
- Tone it is an important step that most people skip.
- I try to exfoliate every other week since I have very sensitive skin
- And most importantly I try and moisturize every other day since I found that works best for my skin.
- And I try to use a mask once a month. Sometimes I diy sometimes I use store brought.
(Please don’t trust my routine for your skin. I think the biggest skin care mistake we make is copying each others routines, while we should be trying to find what works best for each of us.)
11)Why did you start your blog?
- I was on Twitter ( @princesslondn) first but I felt like 140 characters wasn’t enough to share my passion for media so I decided to start this blog to further share my passion. And I used to be obsessed with shopping at Sephora and Mac and every time I would talk to one of the workers, they would tell me I need to start sharing my passion for beauty so I started adding beauty and fashion posts on here.
Sorry for the super long post. And if any of my nominees don’t want to play along. You don’t have to. I know some people think of this as chain mail. And if your one of those people I’m sorry I bothered you. I think all your blogs are awesome and wish you luck with your blogging endeavors.
I hope you had fun getting to know me. Feel free to tweet me anytime @princesslondn and don’t forget to follow me on here and on Twitter if you like my posts. Have you ever been nominated? Leave your blog name below if you want to be nominated by someone or know someone who you think deserves to be nominated for having an awesome blog.